Whole wheat flour 80%, 250 g
Dry yeast, 1/2 tablespoon
Sugarcane, 1/4 cup
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Grapeseed oil, 1/8 cup
Water, 1/2 cup
Vegan walnut-flavored chocolate spread, 8 heaping tablespoons
Date honey, 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds, 4 tablespoons
1. Mix together the dry dough ingredients (flour, yeast, cane sugar and salt).
2. Make a hole in the middle, add the wet ingredients (grape seed oil and water) and knead until a uniform dough is obtained.
3. Continue to knead for about 5-10 minutes, cover and let rise for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out.
5. Spread on each part 2 heaping tablespoons of nut-flavored chocolate spread and roll until you get a long roll.
6. Cut the roll into pieces to make roses and place in the pan.
7. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and allow to rise for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to a temperature of 356°F (180°C).
8. Spread the date honey mixed with water on top and sprinkle with a little sesame seeds for decoration.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated oven and you get a perfect vegan yeast cake.
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 2-3 hours
Equipment: 2 English cake pans.
You can use any different vegan nut chocolate spread.