Orange zest, from 1 unit
Orange juice, from 1 unit
Brown sugar, 1/4 cup
Soy milk, 1/4 cup
Coconut oil, 4 tablespoons
Applesauce, 3 heaping tablespoons
Ginger, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Cardamom, 1/2 flat teaspoon
White flour, 1 cup
Whole spelt flour, 1/2 cup
Baking powder, 20 g
1. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 356°F (180°C) turbo.
2. Grate the orange peel into a bowl and squeeze the juice as well.
3. Add the brown sugar, soy milk, coconut oil and applesauce to the bowl.
4. Add the spices and mix everything well using a spoon.
5. Add the flours and baking powder to the bowl and mix everything together (make sure there are no lumps of flour).
6. Line an English cake pan with baking paper and pour the batter into the pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of the cake and make sure it comes out without crumbs.
8. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and slice.
9. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
Equipment: English cake pan + baking paper.
You can add half a cup of vegan chocolate chip to the batter after adding the flours.