The Wet Ingredients (for The Blender)
Grape seed oil, 1/2 cup
Apple, 2 medium units
Date, 2 units
Lime juice, 2 tablespoons
Brown sugar, 3/4 cup
Apricot jam 100% fruit, 1/2 cup
Maple syrup, 1/3 cup
The Rest of The Wet Ingredients
Coconut milk, 1/2 cup
Soda water, 1/2 cup
The Dry Ingredients
Self-rising flour, 2¼ cups
Cinnamon, 1 flat teaspoon
Clove, 1 pinch
Cardamom, 1 pinch
Thin pink salt from the Himalayas, 1 pinch
Powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 340°F (170°C).
2. Using a hand whisk, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Grind all the "wet ingredients for the blender" until a smooth mixture is obtained.
4. Transfer to a clean bowl, add the boiling coconut milk and the soda water, and mix.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until the mixture comes together. Excessive mixing should be avoided.
6. Transfer the mixture to a greased cake pan, and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool and garnish with powdered sugar. Keep it in a closed container in the fridge. if you used this recipe, I would be happy for an update.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 30-60 min
Equipment: blender, cake pan 24 cm (9.5 inches), 240 ml measuring cup.
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.