The Yeast Dough
White flour, 350 g
Potato flour, 1 flat tablespoon
Almond flour, 50 g
Dry yeast, 10 g
Sugar, 50 g
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Soy milk, 220 ml
Salt, 1/3 flat teaspoon
Vegan butter, 70 g
Salt, 1 pinch
Coating Almonds with "Honey"
Sugar, 70 g
Date honey, 3 tablespoons
Vegan butter, 100 g
Vegetable whipped cream, 3.5 tablespoons
Sliced blanched almonds, 130 g
The Sugar Syrup
Sugar, 100 g
Water, 120 ml
Vanilla Cream and "Honey"
Vegetable whipped cream, 250 ml
Soy milk, 1 cup
Instant pudding, 80 g
Date honey, 4 tablespoons
The Yeast Dough:
1. In a mixer with a kneading hook, mix the flour, potato flour, almond flour, yeast and sugar. Add the vanilla extract, soy milk (gradually) and salt (1/3 teaspoon) and knead until dough is obtained.
2. Add the vegan butter and salt (a pinch), and knead for about 10 more minutes.
3. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled in volume for about 1 hour at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Deflating the dough with the hand, on a lightly floured work surface roll out the dough into a thin shape that is a bit larger than the shape of the pan, cut a circle of 24 cm in diameter (9.5 inches) and place gently at the bottom of the cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled in volume.
The Almond Coating in "Honey":
1. Cook the sugar, date honey (or vegan honey), vegan butter and vegetable cream in a small pot until the butter has melted and the mixture is uniform and comes to a boil.
2. Lower the heat and cook for another 2 minutes while bubbling lightly for a slight simmer.
3. Add the sliced almonds and mix.
4. Cool to room temperature.
1. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 356°F (180°C).
2. When the dough has finished rising, flatten the almond coating on it very gently. Transfer a little of the almond mixture at a time, and flatten very gently to keep the dough from sinking back down.
3. Bake the cake for about 25 minutes until the almond icing is golden and a caramel color is obtained, and cool well.
4. Keep the cake at room temperature well covered until assembled.
The Sugar Syrup:
1. In a small pot, cook the sugar and water together until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a boil.
2. Continue to cook for a few more minutes and turn off the heat.
The "Vanilla Cream and Honey":
1. In a mixer with the whisk hook, whisk the vegetable cream with the soy milk and the vanilla instant pudding into a stable whipped cream.
2. Just before the whipping cream is completely stable, add the date honey (or vegan honey) and continue to whisk until combined.
3. Transfer the cream to an piping bag with a smooth tip of 1.5-2 cm (0.5 inch) (optional, you can also spread the cream on the cake).
4. Cut the cake in the center with a serrated knife. Place the bottom of the cake on a serving plate and spread half of the syrup using a brush. Repeat the operation with the top of the cake (the syrup should be on the inside of the cake - the side without the almond icing).
5. Sprinkle the cream on the bottom of the cake or spread it with a spatula.
6. Gently place the top of the cake on top of the cream.
7. Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature shortly before serving. The perfect vegan bee sting cake is obtained!
8. Bon appetite (:
It is also possible to make in muffin tins so everyone has their own personal cake - simply divide the dough into balls and let them rise inside the tin.
Total time: 1-2 hours
Equipment: mixer, 24 cm (9.5 inches) cake pan.
The preparation method also includes cooking. The nutritional value does not include the vegan butter. A tasty vegan dessert that worth every minute of preparation.