Wholemeal spelt flour, 1 kg
Atlantic Sea Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
Olive oil, 1/2-1 cup
Water, 2 cups
1. In a kneading bowl put the flour, salt and 1/2 cup of olive oil, add the water gradually and knead until dough is obtained. If using gluten-free flours the dough will be more sticky. You can prepare a day in advance and keep in the refrigerator or let the dough rest on the side for about 2 hours. If you add flavors to the dough - add them before the water and mix.
2. Roll the dough into balls. If using weight - 100 g each ball.
3. Heat a pan and grease with a little olive oil or coconut oil.
4. Flatten the balls to a thickness of 0.5 inches (2 cm) and place on the pan.
5. Cover the pan and fry for about 5 minutes. Turn to the other side for another 2 minutes.
6. Set aside on a plate and cover with a towel.
7. Bon appetite (:
* Spelt flour is rich in iron, B vitamins and minerals like zinc and magnesium, and it helps prevent intestinal diseases, lower blood fats and regulate bowel movements. It is important to know that spelt flour contains gluten and is not suitable for celiac patients, but this bread also works wonderfully with gluten-free flours (in the gluten-free version - a mixture of flours equal to 2 cups quinoa/corn flour/millet flour + 2 cups tapioca flour).
Toppings to upgrade the dough: 1 cup of finely grated carrots, chopped onion, 1 teaspoon of za'atar or 2 cups of chopped parsley/coriander, chopped green onion, 0.5 cup chopped olives, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried turmeric or 1 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds..
Are you tired from yeast or are you on a diet with a lot of prohibitions and miss the idea of "spreading something on ..."? even if it's just simply important to you what's in the bread, we're right here for it. In this recipe we chose to use spelt flour, one of the ancient grains mentioned in the Bible (barley, rye, wheat, oats and spelt). Its nutritional benefits far exceed those of regular wheat. Spelt is a grain with a low glycemic value (does not boost sugar levels) and easy to digest due to the high value of its soluble fiber, which significantly facilitates the digestive process and the feeling of satiety.