The dry ingredients
White flour, 1¼ cups
Vanilla instant pudding, 40 g
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/2 flat teaspoon
The Tahini and date honey Mixture
Canola oil, 1/3 cup
Raw tahini, 1/2 cup
Pure date honey, 4 tablespoons
Almond, 30 units
Powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix to evenly distribute the ingredients and create a hole.
2. Mix the oil, raw tahini and date honey in a separate bowl until a uniform mixture is obtained.
3. Pour the tahini mixture into the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands until you get a dough with a plasticine texture.
4. Create small dough balls and garnish with a whole peeled almond.
5. Place the cookies in a baking pan lined with baking paper and bake at about 340°F (170°C) for about 10-12 minutes (the cookies will be soft but they will harden during cooling).
6. Powder with powdered sugar and serve (keep the cookies in an airtight jar at room temperature).
7. Enjoy (:
Tips and Variations:
1. To make the cookies slightly healthier - you can combine 50% whole spelt flour instead of white flour.
2. You can use any tahini you like (even from whole sesame seeds).
3. Almond decoration is not mandatory - you can decorate with powdered sugar only or pistachios instead of almonds.