The dry ingredients
Potato flour, 1½ cups
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Baking soda, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Vanilla sugar, 20 g
Lemon zest, from half a lemon
The wet ingredients
Canola oil, 1/3 cup
Raw tahini, 1/2 cup
Orange juice, 1/3 cup
1. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 340°F (170°C).
2. In a medium bowl place all the dry ingredients, and mix gently to evenly distribute.
3. Create a hole, pour into it all the wet ingredients and mix - first with a spoon and then with your hands. A mixture with a texture of plasticine or marzipan will be obtained.
4. With slightly wet hands, take a small amount of the dough and form to a walnut-sized ball. Press on them lightly and place on baking paper in a baking tray. Leave space between the cookies because they spread during the baking.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes until the cookies turn a little golden. They will be a little soft at first but as they cool they harden.
6. Cool and store in a sealed container at room temperature.
7. Enjoy (:
Tips and variations:
1. Those who want to increase the nutritional value can use whole sesame tahini in the same amount.
2. The cookies are with a gentle sweetness. Those who would like them to be sweeter can powder with powdered sugar after the cookies have cooled.
3. I decorated the cookies with pistachios but you can decorate them with pecans, almonds, etc. You can also not decorate them at all - of your choice.
Total time: 30-60 min
The nutritional value does not include the pistachio garnish.