White wheat flour, 1 kg
Dry yeast, 1½ tablespoons
Sugar, 1½ flat tablespoons
Water, 2½-3 cups
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
1. Sift the flour into the mixer bowl, add the yeast and mix.
2. Add the sugar and 1.5 cups of water. Start blending for about 2 minutes, add the oil and another half cup of water.
3. Add the salt and the remaining water gradually (not sure we will need more water) and blend for about more 5 minutes. The dough should be flexible and non-sticky.
4. Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let it rise twice (about an hour each time).
5. Reduce the volume of the dough, place on floured surface and divide into 20 balls.
6. Round each ball of dough into a smooth ball, wait about 10 minutes and roll out on a floured surface the size of a pita.
7. Place the pitas on baking paper on a tray (sprinkle some more flour on the baking paper and the pitas).
8. Wait about 10 minutes (meanwhile preheat the oven to 480°F (250°C) turbo), bake in the oven until the pita swells, then turn it over and continue to bake for another 3 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven, place on a towel and cover with another towel.
10. Once the pitas have cooled down a bit, you can put them in a bag and keep them in the freezer, but it tastes best when it is fresh out of the oven and hot.
11. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 2-3 hours