Red onion, 2 large units
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Cabbage, 1 kg
Basmati rice, 3/4 cup
Tomato paste, 135 g
Dried oregano, 1 flat teaspoon
Dried basil, 1 flat teaspoon
Onion powder, 1 flat teaspoon
Tuscan herb seasoning mix, 1 flat teaspoon
Thin pink salt from the Himalayas, 1 teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Spicy harissa, 1 tablespoon
Garlic, 2 tablespoons
Boiled water, 1½ cups
1. Soak the rice in tap water overnight in the refrigerator or about 3 hours in boiling water and then strain well.
2. Fry the onions in the olive oil until slightly golden.
3. Add the cabbage strips and fry for about 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
4. Add the strained rice, fry for about 2 minutes and stir in the meantime. Do not add more than 2 tablespoons of oil for a dietetic stew.
5. Add all the spices and other ingredients (except the boiling water), mix, and after about half a minute add the boiling water. Stir lightly, cover the pot, lower to medium heat and cook for about 20 minutes (check after 15 minutes, and if there is no liquid add a little more water).
6. Serve hot and enjoy.
7. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 3-4 hours
Inspired by my mother's recipe with my correspondence. The preparation method also includes soaking and frying.