White flour, 2 cups
Salt, 1 tablespoon + a pinch
Olive oil, 3-4 tablespoons
Water, 160 ml
Onion, 1 medium unit
Spinach, 50 g
Italian herb mixture, 1 teaspoon
Ground nutmeg, a pinch
Soy cream, 4 tablespoons
Natural-flavored tofu spread, 2 heaping tablespoons
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Cherry tomatoes, 6 units
Garlic, 1 clove
Soy cream, 150 g
Filling mixture, 5 tablespoons
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and mix together with the salt, make a hole with your hand right in the middle of the mixture and pour the oil and water into the it. The mixing process is started slowly and carefully, starting from the outside inwards, slowly adding a little more of the flour to the inside mixture and continuing to mix all the time so that no lumps will form, until a non-sticky uniform dough is obtained.
2. Continue to knead the dough for about 10 minutes, then wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour to rest. After an hour, take out the dough and start flatten until you reach a thickness of about 3-4 cm. If you use a pasta machine, cut the rolled dough into strips so that it will be comfortable to transfer them in the pasta machine until we reach the desired thickness, just keep moving each part and it will work fine. As usual I do not have a machine, so I used a rolling pin. I felt a bit like these grandmothers from the movies who see them working really hard because the dough becomes rather hard and the rolling requires muscles, for me anyway... After rolling, I left it on the marble with a towel on top so that it would not dry out (quite important), and I went to prepare the filling, part of which is also used for the sauce later (5 tablespoons).
1. Start frying / steaming the onion on the pan with the oil, after a minute add the spinach and the rest of the ingredients except the cheese.
2. Mix everything for about 5 minutes, the spinach will shrink and become such loose leaves...
3 Transfer the mixture to a blender and add the cheese. Crush everything into a uniform mixture but there is no need to crush too hard. The nutritional value does not include the soy cream, olive oil for seasoning (optional) and chili flakes.
Continue with the dough preparation:
1. Mark the dough in rows lengthwise so that there are fairly thick stripes, so that there will be room to fill in the middle as well. Fill each strip of dough with the filling along the dough, moisten the edges slightly with water and cover with strip of pasta on top, tighten the edges and between each part with the filling and the next part next to it, make pasta squares with a knife, pizza cutter or dedicated pasta cutter - ravioli in other words. In addition, if you do not want to create a square shape, you can cut circles with a cookie cutter, fill each circle in the middle and then create like crescents by folding the circle in half. Any shape you want.
2. Set aside 5 heaping tablespoons from the filling mixture for the sauce you will make. What we have left is to cook the pasta.
3. Boil a medium pot with water and a pinch of salt, when it boils carefully add the ravioli for about 5 minutes and there is no need for more than that. When the ravioli are floating it is a sign that they are already in good condition. While cooking gives some one or two mixes just to make sure the ravioli do not stick to the bottom or to themselves, and strain.
4. I like to pour over cold water too. This stops and calms their cooking and prevents them from sticking to the strainer. For those who wondering why there is such a kind of stripe along my squares, it's because I'm such a "genius" and I cut too thin lines, so I connected with the rolling pin two parts to one and it worked out...
1. Mix everything together (do not forget the 5 tablespoons of the filling you have set aside) and cook over low heat after boiling for only 5 minutes and there is no need for more than that, it is already ready. I used the same small pot in which I made the pasta.
2. I sprinkled a little olive oil and chili flakes for spiciness (because I like it the most).
3. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
The nutritional value does not include the soy cream, olive oil for seasoning (optional) and chili flakes. The preparation method also includes frying.