Green lentils, 500 g
Onion, 3 medium units
Garlic, 5 cloves
Canola oil, 3 tablespoons
Tomato paste, 2 tablespoons
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 3/4 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Parsley, 1/4 cup
Water, as needed
1. Clean the lentils and soak in water for about an hour.
2. Fry the chopped onion until lightly golden, add the finely sliced garlic and continue to fry for another minute. Add the tomato paste and spices, and continue to fry a little.
3. Add about 5-6 cups of water and continue cooking.
4. Strain the lentils and add to the soup, finely chop the parsley and add it as well. Bring to a boil and cook for about half an hour until the lentils are soft.
5. Grind the soup with a hand rod blender and serve hot delicious and healthy lentil soup.
6. Bon appetite (:
You can use also orange lentils.
Total time: 1-2 hours
Equipment: rod blender.
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes soaking frying.