Canola oil, 4 tablespoons
Onion, 1 large unit
Garlic, 3 cloves
Sweet Moroccan paprika in oil, 1 flat teaspoon
Ptitim, 500 g
Water, 3 cups
Salt, 1 heaping teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pot, add the chopped onion and fry a little.
2. Add the crushed garlic and the sweet paprika, and mix well all the time so that it does not burn.
3. Add the flakes, mix well and fry for at least 4 minutes until the flakes get a nice color.
4. Add the boiled water (the water should be at the high of the flakes), continue to mix, add the salt and black pepper, mix again a little and turn off the gas straight.
5. Close the pot with a lid (when the heat is off) and set aside for about 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, gently mix the flakes with a fork or spoon (to separate the flakes), set aside again for about 10 minutes and again mix and separate the flakes. The water evaporates and the flakes come out one by one (even after a night in the fridge they do not stick together).
7. Bon appetite (:
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.