1. Fry the chopped onion in oil over medium heat and in a large pot for about two minutes until it becomes translucent.
2. While the onions are in the pot, break the rice noodles (sticks).
3. Add the broken noodles to the pot and stir constantly until the noodles are fried and golden (some more and some less).
4. Add water (1-2 cups), salt and ground pepper to taste.
5. Stir constantly. If the water is absorbed quickly, add more so that there is some water at the bottom of the pot.
6. Lower the heat, cover, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and leave for a few minutes with the lid closed.
8. Bon appetite (:
Comments and variations:
1. The rice sticks should be broken in a large and clean plastic bag. The length of the pieces does not have to be the same.
2. The prepared noodles can be eaten as they are as an addition to any dish. Some ideas for noodle toppings: grated salted vegan cheese, chopped dried fruit with or without chopped nuts, stir-fried, steamed or baked vegetables, beans and more.
The preparation method also includes cooking. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.