Whole wheat spaghetti, 500 g
Onion, 1 medium unit
Canola oil, 2-3 tablespoons
Vegan meat - Seitan, 300-400 g
Sweet potato, 1 medium unit
Champignon mushroom, 200-250 g
Garlic, 3-4 cloves
Tomato paste, 3 heaping tablespoons
Water, 1/2 cup
Salt, 1½ flat teaspoons
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Paprika, 1 flat teaspoon
Garlic powder, 1/3 flat teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until golden.
2. In a food processor, grind separately the seitan cubes and then the sweet potato cubes to obtain crumbs.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan, mix and after 2-3 minutes add the sweet potatoes and seitan. Stir again.
4. In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste with the water and spices, add to the pan and mix over everything so that the sauce is spread over everything.
5. Cover and bring to a boil, lower the heat, taste and adjust seasoning as needed (if it dries you can add more liquids). Continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Prepare the spaghetti according to the manufacturer instructions and serve with the vegan Bolognese sauce.
7. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 30-60 min
Equipment: food processor.
The preparation method also includes frying and grinding. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.