White flour, 4.5 cups
Whole wheat flour, 2 cups
Dry yeast, 1 tablespoon
Sugar, 1 flat tablespoon
Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
Canola oil, 2 tablespoons
Water, 2 cups
Sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons
1. Knead all the ingredients in a mixer until you get a smooth, pleasant and non-sticky dough (add the water slowly and as needed - you may need to use more than 2 cups).
2. Let the dough rise well for about 1 hour covered in a lightly oiled bowl.
3. On a floured surface, divide the dough into about 15 balls.
4. Cover the balls and let rise again for about 10 minutes.
5. Roll each ball into a thin leaf and stretch with your hands until a thinner and larger dough leaf is formed.
6. Heat a griddle pan well and lightly fry on both sides until golden.
7. Cover with a towel (so it does not dry out) and enjoy a hot taboon bread.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
Equipment: griddle pan, mixer.