Water, 750 ml
Dry yeast, 2 tablespoons
Sugar, 2 flat tablespoons
Wholemeal spelt flour, 1 kg
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
The glazing and coating
Date honey, 1 tablespoon
Water, 2 tablespoons
Sesame seeds, 4 tablespoons
1. Prepare the dough: Put the water, yeast and sugar in a mixer bowl with a kneading hook, and mix for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the flour and mix for about 2 minutes on low speed until dough is formed.
3. Add the oil gradually and mix for another 6 minutes. One minute before the end of kneading, add the salt and increase the speed. The dough comes out unified and slightly sticky.
4. First rising: transfer the dough to a slightly greased bowl using a dough card and cover with a towel (so that it does not dry out and a crust forms on the dough). Let the dough rest for about 1 hour or until it doubles in volume (depending on room temperature).
5. Divide the dough into 21 units, each weighing about 90 g.
6. Roll the dough into the shape of round balls.
7. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 430°F (220°C).
8. Second rising: let the dough balls rise on a baking paper for about 30 minutes.
9. For the glaze, mix the date honey with the water, gently brush each bun and sprinkle sesame seeds over.
10. Bake the vegan spelt buns for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours