White flour, 500 g
Dry yeast, 1 tablespoon
Sugar, 60 g
Salt, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Apple puree without added sugar, 60 g
Plant milk, 210 ml (or 205 g)
Coconut oil, 45 g (3 heaping teaspoons)
Pure vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Brandy, 2 teaspoons
The oil for frying
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
The pistachio ganache filling
Vegan whipped cream, 250 ml
White chocolate, 85 g
Pistachio puree, 20 g
1. Slowly mix the flour together with the yeast and sugar (with a kneading hook) in the mixer bowl. Add the apple puree, plant milk and vanilla extract, and continue to mix on a slow-medium speed for another 10 minutes until a uniform dough is obtained. Add the salt and coconut oil (each time a teaspoon, let each teaspoon "swallow" in the dough), and knead for another 2 minutes until a smooth dough is obtained. Towards the end add the brandy.
2. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover and rise for about two hours or until doubled in volume.
3. Place the dough on baking paper, divide it into parts weighing 100 g each and roll into balls. Place the balls at intervals on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
4. Cover for another rising of about 30-45 minutes until doubled in volume (be careful not to touch the dough with the cover).
5. Meanwhile, prepare the pistachio ganache: bring the vegan whipped cream to a boil, pour over the white chocolate and pistachio puree, and mix until smooth.
6. Heat the oil in a pan (see more information) to 320°F (160°C) (it is important to keep this in mind, it is advisable to use a thermometer) and fry each donut for about a minute and a half on each side.
7. Fill each donut with the pistachio ganache using a syringe or pastry bag with a smooth round pastry tip, and also spread the ganache on top as well (you can also garnish with vegan whipped cream). Perfect pistachio vegan donuts are obtained!
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 3-4 hours
Equipment: mixer, thermometer.
The amount of oil in the recipe is an estimated amount that is absorbed into the sufganiyot after frying. The oil should be used for deep frying.