The chocolate mousse preparation:
1. Put the chocolate in the mixer bowl.
2. Put the veggie cream in a small pot and bring to a boil (should not reach to bubbling).
3. Pour the veggie cream over the chocolate, cover for 5 minutes and then mix well with a whisk until all the chocolate has melted.
4. Set aside to cool. Then, cover and refrigerate for about two hours until the mass is completely cold.
The rice crackers preparation:
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave: Heat on a low heat for about 30 seconds at a time and mix until the chocolate is lump-free.
2. Add the canola/coconut oil and mix.
3. Add the puffed rice and mix until they are all covered.
4. Place the rings or metal ring on a tray with baking paper, and flatten half of the puffed rice in the size of the ring.
5. Lift the ring and do it again (for each dish we will need 2 crackers, still it is a ice cream sandwich...), and put everything with the rings in the freezer for a few minutes.
1. When our chocolate cream is ready, we whisk the mixture in a mixer. A rich in a ceramic texture mousse will be obtained. Transfer to a Pastry bag.
2. Remove the rings at the bottom of the rice crackers, and pour the mousse to the desired height.
3. If we have a roasted coconut ready this is the stage where we sprinkle it on the mousse. You can sprinkle unroasted ground coconut or heat a dry pan without oil, put the ground coconut and mix for a few moments until the coconut changes color to light brown. Cool it before spreading it on the mousse.
4. Place our ready-made crackers on top. Our vegan ice cream sandwich is ready, transfer to the freezer or refrigerator until stabilized. It can be stored in the freezer and refrigerated about two hours before serving.
5. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 5-7 hours
Equipment: materials for one cake with a diameter of 24 cm or rings with a diameter of 10 cm and a height of 6 cm for 6 individual servings.
Recipe by Roni Rivlin, chef of Cafe Jaffa. The preparation method includes melting and heating in the microwave.