Onion, 1 large unit
Garlic, 2 cloves
Canola oil, 2 tablespoons
Brown sugar, 2 flat teaspoons
Tomato, 4 large units
Tomato paste, 1 package (260 g)
Water, 6 cups
Salt, 2 flat teaspoons
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Dried oregano, 2 flat teaspoons
Sweet paprika, 1 flat teaspoon
Basmati rice, 1/2 cup
Parsley, 1 tablespoon
1. Chop the onion.
2. Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onion in it.
3. When it starts to turn golden, add the garlic and brown sugar and fry a little more.
4. Grate the tomatoes with a grater and add the onion and garlic.
5. Add the tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the water and spices and bring to a boil.
6. Cook for about 40 minutes until the liquids begin to shrink.
7. Add the rice and cook for another 20 minutes.
8. Add the parsley, mix well and turn off the heat.
9. Eat hot with croutons.
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying.