Onion, 1 medium unit
Canola oil, 3 tablespoons
White cabbage, 1 medium unit
Paprika, 2 flat teaspoons
Salt, 1½ flat teaspoons
Boiling water, 1/2 cup
Canned crushed tomatoes, 300 g
Basmati rice, 1/2 cup
Boiling water, 1 cup
1. In a large pan heat the oil and fry the onion until golden.
2. Cut the cabbage lengthwise and widthwise into large cubes, and add to the golden onion in the pan. Let the cabbage drain and evaporate for about 2 minutes and mix together with the onion.
3. When the cabbage loses about half its volume, sprinkle with the sweet paprika and salt, and mix.
4. Mix in 1/2 cup boiling water the canned tomatoes and pour over the cabbage, stir and bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover the pot (stir occasionally).
5. After 15 minutes when the liquids have started to shrink and the sauce becomes thick, add the rice and another cup of boiling water, mix and let the rice cook for another 10-15 minutes on low heat. Cooking time or water may need to be added in order for the rice to be cooked.
6. Bon appetite (:
The preparation method also includes frying.